02 Dec 2011 No Comments
Favorites of the Week:
- TV Show- Grey’s Anatomy. My parents and I used to watch this show all the time, but stopped watching last season (not for any real reason…we just forgot to watch it). But we got the past season and have re-fallen in love with the show. At least I have- can’t speak for my dad ;) We are almost caught up now, which will be a shame because then we can’t watch two or three episodes all in a row! My mom and I think Doctor Avery is just dreamy. Don’t you think??? I mean the skin and the green eyes! :)
- Song- I’m Sexy and I Know It. Haha totally kidding. My sister and I heard this song like 5 times today while in the car. It’s so annoying but funny at the same time. I-I-I-I work out!
- Food- I’ve baked a bunch this week! I made blackberry cobbler and pumpkin cake. They were both super delicious (recipes to come!)
- Activity- I went shopping last Saturday by myself and it was really fun! I got a lot of Christmas shopping done and bought a lot of cute Christmas things (some of which I’m planning on using as props for food photos!)
What was the best thing you did/watched/heard/ate this week???
Oh! Happy December! I have many treats, crafts, and all sorts of other fun Christmas things I’ll be sharing!
On to this delicious sandwich! Do you guys have any more leftovers? I know it’s quite a bit after Thanksgiving for me to be sharing this recipe, but if you have leftovers left, you should really make this sandwich! I made this sandwich a couple days after Thanksgiving. I wasn’t going to blog about it because it’s just a sandwich. I mean how exciting can a sandwich be? Well I sat down with this sandwich, took a bite, and immediately got up to photograph it. This was a tasty sandwich! I used White Mountain bread (whatever that is) and spread on a thin layer of cranberry sauce. I added turkey slices, salt, cheddar cheese, and apple slices. It was the perfect combo between tart, savory, and sweet. I hope you have more leftovers so you can make this! Or keep it in mind for any Christmas leftovers.
Do you like the flower plate action going on here? Like I said, I wasn’t planning on taking photos of this sandwich.
Turkey Leftover Sandwich
Cheese (I used cheddar)
Thin apple slice
- Spread a thin layer of cranberry sauce on a piece of bread. Add pieces of turkey (I sprinkled salt on mine), cheese, and thin apple slices.
- Top the bread with another piece of bread and spread butter on the outer side of the top piece.
- Place your sandwich in a skillet, butter side down, and cook on medium-low heat. Spread butter on the piece that is now face-up.
- Flip when our sandwich with a spatula once the side is golden brown.
- Cook your sandwich until it’s browned and the cheese is all melt.