07 Nov 2011 No Comments
If it’s not Christmas soon, melanoma I’m going to lose it.
You think I’m kidding.
But I have 2 pieces of not terrible news.
1. Brown Eyed Baker posted about this 30 days of gratitude project and I’m totally going to do it! I was wanting to blog about things I’m thankful for but I just haven’t been consistent since I’ve been busy and such. The idea is to take a picture everyday of something you’re thankful for, and there are suggestions for each day. I’m starting tomorrow so I’ll be doing this into December. But I can still be thankful in December, right? ;)
2. I made these apple snack sandwiches to share with you! I saw them on Live Love Pasta the other day. I thought it was such a neat idea and a super easy snack. I was looking around at Live Love Pasta and there are some great recipes there! I have a ton bookmarked that I want to make soon.
I made these apple sandwiches with peanut butter, raisins, and chocolate chips. I liked the peanut butter and chocolate chip version the best! But the raisins were good, too, and probably healthier…although chocolate is good for the soul! Or so I hear :)
I hope you are all having wonderful weeks and that, even if they’re busy, you’re finding time to relax and be thankful. I am thankful that I have access to fresh food everyday at my house and that I don’t have to worry about going hungry. It’s something we all take for granted, but there are so many people in this world who don’t have food to eat and I need to be better about being thankful that I do.
Apple Snack Sandwiches
Peanut Butter (or nutella would be tasty too!)
Chocolate chips or raisins
- Slice and apple…umm circle way. Haha you want to cut the top off so you’re making circles. I was able to get 5 circle slices out of my apple but only used 4 of them.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of your apple slice.
- Sprinkle it with raisins, chocolate chips, or whatever else you want.
- Put the other apple slice on top and enjoy!