20 Aug 2011 1 Comment
Yesterday was a busy (but good) day! I was really tired because my friend Jessica and I had been to the Hillsong United concert the night before (more on that later :). School was pretty boring..the best part was working on our coil pots in AP Art History. I wish we could just do art projects in there all year! I got home and immediately left to take Celina to her acting lessons and I had my first piano lesson with a new teacher. The lesson went well but it’s going to be strange to have a piano teacher again! On our way home we stopped by Kroger to get a couple of things. When I got home I worked out and showered and then baked cookies as a birthday present for my boyfriend :) He sent me a link to these Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Picky Palate a while ago so that’s what I decided to make!
Before I used to really enjoy baking cookies and it was what I made most frequently. Lately I just haven’t been in the mood to bake cookies but these super delicious over-the-top cookies reminded me how fun it is :)
First you have to make a big batch of chocolate chip cookie dough. Any cookie dough would work but I followed the Picky Palate recipe which was pretty basic but used a tablespoon of vanilla. I liked the extra vanilla in the dough- it added a nice flavor.
I think this picture speaks for itself. 2 chocolate chip cookies. 1 Oreo.
It’s hard to tell how big these cookies are (and the picture isn’t that good…) but they are enormous!
Yummy! Oh a miracle happened…the oven stayed on the whole time I was baking! I was so excited!
I was really bummed that we didn’t have milk! We only had almond milk…and it’s really not the same. We’ll have to buy some milk today so I can enjoy these cookies to the fullest!
These were so good! I had dinner at Carrabbas with my boyfriend and his parents. I gave him the cookies afterwards and he said they were really good! My family liked them too. Success all around!
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie
Recipe from Picky Palate
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz bag chocolate chips
1 package of Oreos…they HAVE to be double stuffed. It’s the law.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (and pray that it will stay heated).
- Cream together butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, side effects salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a 1 tbs ice cream scoop, take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of the Oreo. Use your fingers to press the dough around the Oreo until you can’t see it anymore.
- Put the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes. I like to keep my chocolate chip cookies a little underbaked :) Take them out of the oven and stare and the amazing thing you’ve just created!
This makes 20-24 extremely large cookies! Make them today for someone you love and eat them with real milk! You know, the kind from the cows :)