27 Oct 2011 18 Comments
Hello guys! I hope you’re all doing well. My life continues to be all crazy and busy but I’ve had a pretty good week. I’m posting today for week 5 of the 12 weeks of Christmas cookie exchange! I’m a tad late in posting but I didn’t get a chance to bake until I got home from school today (I’m just glad I made it home! I’ll write more about that later).
Tomorrow I am going to a Halloween Party at my friend’s house and I wanted to bring some sort of tasty dessert. I decided on bite sized brownies. Now, I have a confession to make…I have never made brownies from scratch..I know! Shocking! But really, the boxed brownie mixes are sooo tasty and cheap and easy to make that I just never felt the need to. But I knew I didn’t just want to make regular brownie bites..I wanted to make nutella brownie bites. I ended up making two different versions. Today I am posting the first version I made- chocolate brownie bites with nutella swirled into them. Deeeelicious!
I love undercooked brownies but I think I may have gone a little too far on the undercooked side…oops! They’re still super delicious but the baking time should have been a little bit longer. It was tough cause the recipe I was working on was made in a large pan, not a muffin tin, so I wasn’t sure how long to bake them for. Oh well! Bake and learn. Another thing I would change is that I would decrease the sugar a bit. They’re just a tad too sweet for me (and I love sugar). But I am really happy with these overall and am excited to bring them to the party!
Start with four ounces of baking chocolate. Why is one weirdly colored? Well it could have to do with the face that this chocolate was “best used” by March 2010. Haha yeah…hope I don’t poison anyone!
Look at those pretty swirls!
I would absolutely recommend these for your Christmas baking, party you’re attending, or anytime you just need a little bit (or a lot ;) of chocolate! My family LOVED them!
Recipe adapted from Broma Bakery
4 (one ounce) squares of Bakers unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar (or 1 1/2 cups if you want them a little less sweet)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup Nutella
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 24 mini muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in microwaveable bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted (it takes a little while).
- Put the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the butter/chocolate mixture to the sugar and stir until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Now gradually add flour and mix well.
- Use a small cookie/ice cream scoop to divide the batter into the muffin tins.
- Put a small dollop of nutella on top of each brownie bite. Now take toothpick and swirl the nutella into the brownie (don’t mix it in, just swirl).
- Put in oven and bake from 12-15 minutes.
Note: I got about 30 brownie bites when I made this but you could get 24 if you fill yours a little more. It’s easier if you only make 24 because that way you can bake everything in one batch.
I shared this on Fusion Fridays :)
Oh! And check out all the wonderful recipes from all the other Christmas bakers this week!